Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Entering gifts that come in from a WALK fundraiser...

Last post 07-28-2008 3:25 PM by Jodi Rostek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2008 12:24 PM

• Pat Seaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Organization: Make-A-Wish Foundation of Sacramento and Northeastern CA

Entering gifts that come in from a WALK fundraiser...

Hello, we have had Raiser's Edge since the middle of March 2008.  We had a huge fundraiser (Twilight Walk for Wishes) on May 18th.  My question is, what is the best way to capture and link Team Captains with the Team Walkers and the money/pledges that were raised by the Team Walkers?  I want to be able to link all money to the respective Team Walker and the Team Captain.  If any of you have experienced entering this three-person connection, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you.

• 06-06-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• Nora Isaac
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Posts 223
    • Organization: ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter
    • Products:  Blackbaud NetCommunity, The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge, The Researcher's Edge

Re: Entering gifts that come in from a WALK fundraiser...

We use Net Community and these links happen by virtue of using the team fundraiser function of BBNC. Currently, all participants are solicitors on the related fund. The team captains are assigned in the fund/solicitor section. The ability to do this may be tied directly to having Net Community, but you could look into that. When we get a gift raised by the walker, the solicitor name is put on that gift. We then use the dashboard's Team/Solicitor Performance Panel to show that relationship and the goals, amount raised, etc.

I'm not sure how all that works without Net Community, but it may still be a way for you to work this out. We are on version 7.84 of Raiser's Edge.

Nora

Nora Isaac
    Sr. Manager, Information Technology
    The ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
  • 06-06-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

• Pat Seaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8

Thank you so much for your reply, however, we only have The Raiser's Edge, so I need to somehow figure how to make that work with only that database.  Thanks again.

• 06-26-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

• Jodi Rostek
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 18
    • Organization: Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey

Pat, you might have already figured this out, but I just saw your post now...  We use the Event module. We enter each walker as a participant and all donations that they raise are linked to them as an Other donation.  On the participant record, you can enter their Team name, registration date, etc.  Let me know if you want to discuss further!

• 07-01-2008 12:53 PM In reply to

• Pat Seaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8

Jodi, thank you so much for your reply.  I think entering the money through the Event area just might be the answer.  If you can please email me the process I would appreciate it.  We will need to do this for our next year's WALK.  Thanks so much.

• 07-28-2008 3:25 PM In reply to

• Jodi Rostek
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 18
    • Organization: Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey

Pat,

Attached is the "cheat sheet" I created for our data entry volunteers.  All registered walkers are entered and assigned the 2008WALK event.  Their team name, registered date, and participation (individual walker, team captain or team member) are entered.  Then, when donations come in, they are entered in a batch and linked to the walker as an "other" donation.  The reporting by team is a little convoluted...I have to export everything to excel to get team totals...but this is the best way I've found to track everything.

I'm happy to chat with you if you'd like more detail.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)