Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Tribute Next-Of-Kin Letters

Last post 01-21-2008 4:39 PM by Heidi Cimilluca. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2008 2:47 PM

• Heidi Cimilluca
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 20
    • Organization: Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
    • Products:  The Raiser's Edge

I work in a Hospital Foundation and we do have the tribute module. I use it all of the time. I actually send letters to 'next of kin' along with a list of the Contributors who have donated in their loved one's name.

Recently, my boss decided that instead of sending a letter and attaching such a report, she wanted to have the name(s) of the donors included with the actual 'next of kin' notification and not on a separate sheet.

Does anyone know how this might be done? I can't seem to figure out how to add multiple donors into the body of the letter.

Our letter will read something like: The following individuals and/or organizations have recently contributed in honor of/in memory of NAME.
    Then I would probably list the names and addresses of the donors and finish up the letter something like...we will advise you of any additonal gifts received.

I try to send these letters out at least one time per week - more frequently when time allows.

I would appreciate any ideas!
    Thanks,
    Heidi

Heidi Cimilluca
    Donations Coordinator
    Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
    2100 Wescott Drive
    Flemington, NJ 08822
    [Email Removed] Heidi Cimilluca
    Gifts Coordinator
    Flemington, NJ
    Heidi
    Flemington, NJ
    Filed under: ,
  • 01-21-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

We do this all the time but the way that we incorporate the names of those that have given in honor/memory of someone is by copying and pasting from RE into the word document. It seems to work for us. Rhonda Oakley Foundation Projects Coordinator Highlands-Cashiers Hospital Highlands, NC 28741
  • 01-21-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

• Heidi Cimilluca
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 20

Thank you for the info. I really was hoping that there might be an 'easier way' to do this and export the info all at once. It was my thought that we would have to copy/paste the info ... but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything! Heidi Cimilluca Gifts Coordinator Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation Flemington, NJ
    Heidi
    Flemington, NJ
  • 01-21-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• Jeannine Viering
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 27
    • Organization: Hospice of Palm Beach County, Inc.
    • Products:  Blackbaud Direct Marketing, The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge

In Mail, you would choose Honor/Memorial Acknowledgement Letters rather than the Donor Acknowledgement Letter. On tab 2: Fields to Include, you would indicate to send one letter to each acknowledgee: per tribute and then choose the number of gifts to consolidate. In the Fields to export, you have the option to include the acknowledgee, tribute and donor information. Continue here to merge wizard to merge this info into your NOK ack letter.

Hope this helps.
  • 01-21-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• Heidi Cimilluca
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 20

I'm going to try it and let you know. Thank you..... Heidi Cimilluca Gifts Coordinator Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation Flemington, NJ
    Heidi
    Flemington, NJ
  • 01-21-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

• Heidi Cimilluca
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 20

OK - seems that the only fields you can get this way is the donor addressee/salutation (which helps as a double-check so that you don't miss anyone) ... is there any way to pull the donor address as well? Heidi Cimilluca Gifts Coordinator Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation Flemington, NJ
    Heidi
    Flemington, NJ
  • 01-21-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

• Jeannine Viering
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 27
    • Organization: Hospice of Palm Beach County, Inc.
    • Products:  Blackbaud Direct Marketing, The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge

The default will include all the acknowledgee info and the donor name. To the left, under available fields, open the adress folder to include the donor address information to the right. Jeannine Viering Gift Processing Supervisor Hospice of Palm Beach County [Email Removed]
  • 01-21-2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• Heidi Cimilluca
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 20

WOW - I just simply didn't look down far enough. Thanks - this should work. Appreciate all your help! Heidi Cimilluca Gifts Coordinator Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation Flemington, NJ
    Heidi
    Flemington, NJ
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)