Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Setting Annual Fund or Campaign Goal

Last post 08-14-2012 10:54 PM by JoAnn Strommen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2012 9:05 PM

Setting Annual Fund or Campaign Goal

Where in RE do you set goals?

• 08-14-2012 10:54 PM In reply to

• JoAnn Strommen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • User Since: 2006
    • Posts 2,332
    • Organization: YMCA of Rapid City
    • Products:  The Raiser's Edge

Re: Setting Annual Fund or Campaign Goal

Goal as in desired income?  Just making sure you don't mean what I would call ask amount - goal you want from donor.

Not to give you the run around but... it depends on your structure and how you are recording/using/structuring RE and what you want to pull out.  Goals can be entered for campaign, fund, appeal, package, solicitors etc. (Don't have events module but would guess there could be goals there too.)  How will you need to report?  For campaign? Fund?  Appeal?  Each can have a goal.  You're not limited to one or the other.  If you need to report on progress of a fund then fund needs a goal.  Within Fund 1, you can have appeal A that is part of Fund 1.  Appeal A can be at 90% of it's goal and you can report on that while Fund 1 that it's part of is only at 50% and you can report on that. Does that make sense? 

For our structure, with campaigns as umbrellas we primarily use fund and appeal goals.  I know there is more we could do, but right now that is all I need to provide reports I need.

JoAnn Strommen
    YMCA of Rapid City
    Rapid City, SD
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)