Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Commited Batch

Last post 02-16-2010 11:41 AM by Zoe LaRocca. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2010 5:50 PM

Commited Batch

A new user commited a batch but the detail report was not marked so the report did not print.  How do I uncommit the batch or locate and print the detailed report?

Filed under:
  • 02-12-2010 6:21 PM In reply to

• JoAnn Strommen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • User Since: 2006
    • Posts 2,362
    • Organization: YMCA of Rapid City
    • Products:  The Raiser's Edge

Re: Commited Batch

I don't believe there is any way to 'uncommit' a batch. 

When we missed printing a report once, I created a query for gifts with that batch #,  added outputs wanted like fields on the detail report and used that.

Only other option I can think of which I would not really recommend would be to delete all the gifts in the batch and reenter them in a new batch :-)

JoAnn Strommen
    YMCA of Rapid City
    Rapid City, SD
  • 02-16-2010 9:47 AM In reply to

• Karen H. Hartt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • User Since: 1999
    • Posts 440
    • Organization: Maine Community Foundation
    • Products:  Accounting for Nonprofits, Blackbaud NetCommunity, The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge, The Researcher's Edge

Donna,

You can't un-commit a batch, you can delete the gifts associated witht he batch and re-enter, but that can be a real mess. You can print a validation report if the batch has not been deleted upon committing it. We use this report if the batch report doesn't print. It isn't as tidy as the Batch report, but does what we need in a pinch.

Open the committed batch, click on File up on the menu bar, click on Preview, Validation report. The report will appear and you can print. You can also print without previewing.

Your other option is to use the batch query if you create on, or create a query, print the information needed.

Another backup is to create a report in Crystal reports and update the Crystal report when the batch report isn't printed.

Karen

Karen H. Hartt, bCRE
    Maine Community Foundation
    245 Main St.
    Ellsworth, ME 04605
    khartt@mainecf.org
    877-700-6800
  • 02-16-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

• Zoe LaRocca
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 146
    • Organization: Clinton Memorial Hospital Foundation

Amazing, how many have experienced this.

If you have not deleted the batch this can be re-committed but you'll have to delete the gifts before doing so.  Query on the gifts posted, then through admin., delete the entries. Once this has been completed you can re-comit the batch and, of course, mark all the fields for the reporting purposes.

Z. LaRocca

CMH Foundation

Wilmington, OH

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)