Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Auction Software

Last post 08-20-2009 3:18 PM by Roger Devine. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 11:06 AM

Auction Software

Does anyone have advice on auction software? We are looking into purchasing some auction software and would like to hear some recommendations. Thank you, Yolanda Memorial Health System Foundation Colorado Springs
  • 02-07-2008 1:46 PM In reply to

Auction Software

Hi Yolanda,

We just purchased "AuctionPay" b/c of the price and online advances. We have used "Auction MaestroPro" in the past and it worked well for about 10 of the 15 years we used it. It is just not up-to-date either. So, we looked into AuctionPay and another local Kansas City company: "Computerized Auction Services." We were very impressed by them, but could not afford their package (I think CAS's price is different for every organization though, so I wouldn't vote them out).

We have just downloaded AuctionPay and are really impressed with it's ease-of-use. Our auction isn't until November, so I can't talk much about the actual night and how that will all work. AuctionPay also has a great online piece that we are getting ready to use. www.auctionpay.com

Please call with any questions! Courtney, The Pembroke Hill School, KC, MO 816-936-1222
  • 02-08-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• Rebecca Schafer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • User Since: 1999
    • Posts 136
    • Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
    • Products:  The Raiser's Edge

Auction Software

We use AuctionTracker here at Big Brothers Big Sisters. We host a dinner/auction every year and we've had it about ten years. They also have modules for wine auctions and golf tournaments. At one point in time, it did 'talk' to RE, but there was a falling out between the two companies. You can go online to www.nwsoftware.com and check them out. They also offer a web based version or a server based version. They have a national contract with Juvenile Diabetes Research Fdtn. as well as Crohns and Colitis. Rebecca L. Schafer Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana [Email Removed]
    Rebecca L. Schafer
    rschafer@bbbsci.org
    317-472-3713
  • 02-18-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: Auction Software

We use Auction Tracker as well.  It still works with RE, however it's more of a export / import function at this point, with a LOT of prep work.  They are also in beta for a brand new version of their database right now.  It's a complete redesign from what I've heard from the main designer.

• 02-25-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

We recently purchased AuctionMaestro Pro because of its ability to integrate with the Raiser'e Edge. Would any AMP pros out there be willing to share their experience and best practice with us? Contact me offline at kpgajews@wlhs.k12.wi.us. Thank you.

• 03-05-2008 11:50 AM In reply to

• Peter Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Organization: Portledge School

We have AMPro and AMWeb,  The process is tedious, the integration does not transfer all info and the it is not a true sync.

Here is the process:
    Install AMPro as a separate  program.
    Integrate with RE and export constituents from RE to AMPro. You can't add any more people automatically. You have to redo the export or add manually to AMPro.
    If you use AMWeb, you make all updates to the website and over-write your local DB to get new info from web (again no sync).

You then import from AMPro to RE you can only do this once so you have to wait until your done with AMPro to account  for everything. This could be months. Unless you want to constantly pick out what you have already imported. 

After all that is done and you RE is still missing check and CC info, GIK descriptions and a whole host of data that AMPro has but can't be automatically downloaded. 

I suggest that Blackbaud purchase AMPro and make it a module this would remove the middle man, and make AMWeb a Net Service which can sync with RE.

Sorry for the ramble, but after two years of work-around I've had it with AMPro Integration.

Peter Cox

Portledge School

• 03-06-2008 9:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for the heads up on what to expect with the integration. We are also experiencing instability and inflexibility with AMP. The letters, reports, and other forms are not well organized within the program and have limited ability to be customized. The program is crashy and we have had to replace our database. I have concerns over the stability the night of our event. Were you able to process successfully on the day/night of your event/s? Any tips for us newbies?

• 04-09-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

• Lori Jackson
    • Not Ranked
    • User Since: 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Organization: South County Hospital

We are also looking to purchase AuctionMaestro Pro software? What does everyone think about it?

I was interested in it, because I was able to integrate it with RE.  I read one post where there was problems with that.

We have never used an auction software before, does anyone have any other recommendations on other auction softwares that they have had success with?

Thanks!

Lori Jackson
    Development Assistant
    South County Hospital
    Wakefield, RI 02879
  • 04-09-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

I would not suggest AMP to anyone at this point of the software's development. We purchased and are using it and have had nothing but problems. And not just because it is a new program. Many parts of this program are buggy, and while we have found work-arounds for many, we have at least three pieces of functionality, or should I say non-funtionality, back in AMP development. This has been a huge drain on our office resources in terms of money and FTE. We were told by our BB rep that AMP is compatible with Vista. This is not true even though we stripped our Vista machines down to an environment custom-made for AMP. AMP says it is a Vista problem, so definitely do not plan to put it on a Vista network.

Previous comments from Peter point out integration issues, as well. I am not looking forward to it.

You may contact me off the forum if you wish. 

Filed under:
  • 05-14-2008 11:01 AM In reply to

• Lori Jackson
    • Not Ranked
    • User Since: 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Organization: South County Hospital

To All: has Auction Pro worked well the night of the auction?  I had a meeting with our rep and RE tech guy the other day and asked about the "bugs" in the system - and were told there are none but as I read this forum I see that is not the case. What exactly doesn't work well with the integration?  After the auction importing the data back to RE - is there a problem that the records won't sync up? Do all the information from Maestro Pro not come back into RE?  When creating the auction booklet, bid sheets, letters and also the attendee lists? Are there problems with that, too?

Let me know

Thanks, Lori

Lori Jackson
    Development Assistant
    South County Hospital
    Wakefield, RI 02879
  • 07-17-2008 12:49 AM In reply to

Have you tried Auction Scamp? Very simple and intuitive, focusing on collecting donor/item info and organizing the catalog. There's no feature for collecting payments. www.auction-scamp.com

• 10-20-2008 4:35 AM In reply to

hey there, i noticed your post on the forum. may i suggest you have a look at http://www.sellerwise.net/, we are about to go live with a pre-launch beta test, and we are looking for 50 people to beta test the website. all those who get involved in the beta test will get a free full subscription to the service.

• 08-20-2009 3:18 PM In reply to

Check out Tofino Auctions or, for school groups, SchoolAuction.net - our web-based software for running silent, live and online auctions.  We don't charge transaction fees or seat fees, just a flat, all-the-events-you-can-run, subscription fee.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)