Welcome to Forums Sign in | Join | Help | Forums
in Search

Time and Attendance

Last post 04-10-2014 3:22 AM by Jo Sethaa. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2006 10:23 AM

• Terry Milius
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 54
    • Organization: Southern College of Optometry
    • Products:  The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge

Time and Attendance

Is anyone using a third party time and attendance program to record hours worked and leave taken and then importing into the payroll module?
  • 01-26-2006 5:04 PM In reply to

Time and Attendance

Yes we are using an Access Database that we built and then importing the time sheets in. We are currently using Payroll 6 though.
  • 02-24-2006 12:06 PM In reply to

• Terry Milius
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 54
    • Organization: Southern College of Optometry
    • Products:  The Financial Edge, The Raiser's Edge

Time and Attendance

I would like to hear more about your Access database for time and attendance. Do you think it would be possible to get a copy of the design?
  • 10-12-2006 1:39 PM In reply to

• Paul Higgins
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • User Since: 2006
    • Posts 29
    • Organization: Rainbow Acres, Inc.
    • Products:  The Financial Edge, eTapestry

Time and Attendance

There hasn't been much activity on this topic. Our site (new to Financial Edge since June) is planning on starting to use Payroll 7 at the beginning of 2007. I'm looking for a third-party time and attendance system to use with Payroll 7. (Our current service provider uses mag-swipe card time clocks and does both timekeeping and payroll.) What are you Payroll 7 folks using to get hours worked into the system? You can't all be entering that stuff manually, right? [i]--- Edited at 10/12/2006 1:41:33 PM by Paul Higgins[/i]
    Paul Higgins
    Rainbow Acres
    Camp Verde, AZ
  • 10-17-2006 8:03 AM In reply to

Time and Attendance

Paul - WARNING There is NO import capability with PR 7. What is there, in the system, doesn't work. I currently data enter about 350 records into the T&A each payroll. Agony. LS
  • 10-27-2006 3:02 PM In reply to

Time and Attendance

Linda Sue, I am very interested in what you are saying here. We are upgrading to FE next month and suppose to upgrade to Pr 7 in February. What kind of errors to you get when trying to import time input? We are using PR 6 and we import a csv file, what kind of file are you trying to import?
  • 10-27-2006 3:29 PM In reply to

Time and Attendance

I am in the process of researching this. We have 300 employees and are having demos with Kronos, Unitime, and Stromberg. Kronos is considered #1 in the time and attendance industry, with Stromberg at #2. Unitime is a partner with Blackbaud and is supposed to have a direct interface with the Payroll Version 7 module. Talk to your sales rep. Perhaps he can help you as well. I would like to know if anyone has used Unitime. Thank you, Marsha Braatz
  • 10-27-2006 3:54 PM In reply to

Time and Attendance

I also have been researching this. As a higher education user we have different things to consider for our time input and it does not all just time into Blackbaud products we also do an import into Powerfaids. I looked at Unitime, it looks good but then we run into other things like we need to be able to put the student time input of only their regualar hours into a cumulative file for their financial aid award. When they meet that then they get paid under a different program and need to have their classification changed in payroll. Right now we only use one access database to do all this with Unitime it would have to change into about four different kinds of manual input in order to get what we have with just one input.
  • 10-30-2006 2:26 PM In reply to

• Nancy Miller
    • Not Ranked
    • User Since: 1998
    • Posts 13
    • Organization: Blackbaud, Inc.
    • Products:  Accounting for Nonprofits, The Financial Edge

Time and Attendance

Although we limit postings from the forum administrator, a prior post indicated that there is no time and attendance import capability in Payroll 7. Import functionality for time and attendance is available in Payroll 7. Please refer to the Payroll Processing Guide for additional information: http://www.blackbaud.com/files/support/guides/fe/PY_Process.pdf  Forum Administrator Forum Administrator
  • 02-09-2007 8:58 PM In reply to

• Edward Taylor
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Organization: Oconee County Disabilities Board

Time and Attendance

Marsha, We currently have the Kronos TKC software and time clocks and use them run our payroll. We will be purchasing BB in February and hopefully I will be developing a system to export the hours and attendance into the payroll module. Did you choose to go with Kronos, and if so, do you currently have a system in place to import the records from Kronos into BB. Thanks for your info. Edward
  • 02-20-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

Time and Attendance

We are currently looking into time and attendance product by a company called DataBasics. Anyone heard of them? It looks great so far...
  • 07-20-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

Re: Time and Attendance

A colleague of mine who has recently introduced a system called the “TimeNetowhich is a web based Biometric fingerprint scanner clocking In/Out systemhttp://www.time-neto.co.uk/index.asp .
    Apparently it’s so simple to install and all you need is a computer with an internet connection and it will become your In/Out clocking system.
    All stored data can be printed as reports and can be sent to your payroll software

They were shocked at how cheap it was to and advanced it is check them out, good luck, Hope this helps..

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)